- For questions, how to use the software, please browse the documentation.
- "99%" of inquiries we receive every day are really covered in the shop/licensing FAQ or technical FAQ.
We kindly ask for your understanding, that we are not able to support individual automation projects as we do not have your specific hardware and software setup and we do not have the resources to analyze your individual system configuration and/or project. Customer service includes the correction of general, technical errors in the software. We do not provide programming consulting services.
Thank you for your understanding.
How may we assist you?
Where can I retrieve my lost license key?
Our online shop is handled by the 3rd party eCommerce provider "MyCommerce/DigitalRiver" (formerly "ShareIt") who receives payment and sends the license key(s) for your online purchases. This company is your contract partner (we, Bartels Media, are the manufacturer but not the vendor).
You have received your license with the delivery email coming from "ShareIt/MyCommerce/DigitalRiver". Please browse your email inbox for any of these sender names.
If you cannot retrieve the delivery mail from your email inbox:
- Visit the MyCommerce Shopper Support webpage.
- Log into your account. If you don't know your login credentials you can request them on that page (We do not have them as we are not the vendor).
- Retrieve your purchase information.
Can the license be used on Windows and Mac?
The license key can be used for either a Windows or a Mac installation.
Is the license a subscription?
No, the software is no subscription but a single purchase with a one-time payment. There is not recurring payment.
Is PhraseExpress included in a Macro Recorder purchase?
A special Macro Recorder license is included in a purchase of a PhraseExpress Enterprise Edition license. it is active if a macro automation is triggered by PhraseExpress.
Are licenses valid life-time?
Yes, licenses are valid life-time for all software versions which are released during your maintenance term.
Make sure to keep a local backup of your software installation file as we do not maintain a repository of older software versions.
Only maintenance (free updates, upgrades and new versions) expire after the end of the selected maintenance term, but you can continue to use your existing installation without expiration.
Does the software require an internet connection?
In regular use, our software does not need an internet connection.
An internet connection is used in following cases only:
- The license key registration requires an internet connection for just a few seconds. This is a one-time procedure. We offer an offline licensing option for large volume installations.
- Optional: Our software can occasionally check for updates and download updated versions.
- Optional: Our software PhraseExpress can use the external language translation service DeepL which requires an internet connection.
If you don't make use of any such feature, you can safely block our software in your firewall.
Under no circumstance does our software send any confidential and/or sensitive information to us or anywhere else. Our company resides in Germany, in a country with one of the strictest data privacy laws in the world.
Do you offer volume discounts?
Yes, volume discount is automatically applied if you adjust the quantity in the shopping cart.
Can Macro Recorder record either keyboard or mouse input only?
Macro Recorder always captures both, the mouse and keyboard. But you can filter either mouse or keyboard input from the playback, providing you with a choice of which part of the recording you need.
For example, Macro Recorder can even play only the mouse clicks, but omit the mouse movement paths or play the mouse movements faster or slower on a case-by-case basis.
How does Macro Recorder compare to Mouse Recorder?
Macro Recorder is the successor of Mouse Recorder and has been re-engineered from ground up with a new range of functions.
Development of Mouse Recorder has been discontinued as Macro Recorder provides all its features and many more. Due to the further development from a pure mouse recording tool to an automation solution, a renaming was necessary.
Macro Recorder is based on the same user interface as Mouse Recorder and includes all its features, but adds many new functions, such as labels, goto, repeat, etc.
Compatibility with PhraseExpress
- Mouse Recorder supports PhraseExpress up to version 13, but no later versions.
- Macro Recorder is compatible with PhraseExpress v14 for Windows and PhraseExpress v3 for Mac.
Supported Operating Systems
Mouse Recorder supported Microsoft Windows only. Macro Recorder is also compatible with Apple macOS.