Macro Recorder Documentation
Thank you for choosing Macro Recorder as your automation solution.
Macro Recorder for Windows and Mac records your mouse and keyboard actions for infinite playback.
- Automate repetitive tasks on your computer.
- Hand out recorded procedures to your team.
- Create streamlined presentations and screencasts.
- Auto-fill complex forms.
- Automate system maintenance tasks.
- Auto-login to online accounts.
- Auto-click websites or programs.
- Software test automation.
- Recording of mouse movements, mouse clicks and scroll-wheel actions.
- Recording of keystrokes and text input.
- Detection of program window changes, window names, window positions and -size.
- Pixel color detection to wait for specific program states, e.g. if a web page is loaded.
- Built-in macro step editor.
- Variable playback speed.
Macro Recorder offers a unique set of features:
- Macro Recorder can smooth shaky mouse movements into swift curves.
- Mouse coordinates and colors can be captured without affecting the recorded application.
- Automated program window sizes & positions can be auto-restored/adjusted.
- Mouse movement are not represented as a dump of X/Y coordinate but elegantly combined as a single action item for easier editing.
- Mouse paths are visualized as a overlay on your desktop.
Macro Recorder can be integrated into our popular productivity solution PhraseExpress to get additional features:
- Organize macro recordings in a custom folder structure.
- Trigger macros by hotkey or text shortcuts.
- Select & launch macros from a handy popup menu.
- Schedule Macro Recorder macros with Windows Task Scheduler.
- Combine Macro Recorder macros with powerful PhraseExpress macro functions.
The Macro Recorder export is available for PhraseExpress Enterprise Edition v14 for Windows and v3 for Mac.